Feeder

Biker Angel

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2024
IMG_20240413_151357736.jpg
my chicks are 4 1/2 weeks old now and was using this feeder till today when I discovered they were getting their heads stuck in it. So went to tractor supply and got one that's bigger and round and you can hang it or use the legs on it. So if you use this with your babies keep an eye on them.

At 4 weeks they can be on an adult feeder, or else feed has to be kept topped off in a feeder like that so they don't try to put their heads into the holes.
Since I'm a newbie I didn't know I needed to change it. But after watching them and noticing a change in their behavior we figured it out and went and bought a bigger one.

Since I'm a newbie I didn't know I needed to change it. But after watching them and noticing a change in their behavior we figured it out and went and bought a bigger one.
It's fine, we all learn from doing! đź‘Ť My chicks have outgrown their little feeder too (I have a round one) but because they associate it with food I use it to calm them down when I approach, so they don't immediately run away.

Back
Top Bottom