If you purchased from feather lover farms, what would your rate your experience?

• Adequate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

irina_s1999

Hatching
Oct 17, 2020
Hey all,

wanted to warn my fellow chicken enthusiasts not to engage to do business with Feather Lover Farms. I ordered from them earlier in the year and paid obscene amount of money for their chickens. Some chicks didn’t make it alive, so that’s where the fun began. I have called 3-4 times and left a message. Emailed 3-4 times over a course of two month. Zero answer, despite all of the guarantees included in the terms of the sale. Otherwise I wouldn’t be paying that kind of money for chickens.

So I filed a dispute charge claim with my bank. And surprise surprise, who responded to everyone single email I have sent, with various levels of helpfulness or threats in them.

Note, you wouldn’t be able to locate any independent online reviews about them, except those moderated by them on their website. They seem to be pretty savvy on digital marketing so beware of trusting the front they put up with their website.

Also to note, the delivery process was ridiculous. They gave no notice of them shipping my chicks, which were on order for over a month. The chicks just showed up on 1 day notice from the post office while we were out of town.
Terrible experience overall. Stay away!

On a positive side, I ordered my previous batch from MyPet chicken. The prices are a lot more reasonable and they go above and beyond in their responsiveness and helpfulness with your order. That was my first mail order of chicks and I really appreciated their help with it. Also all chicken arrived healthy and stayed healthy.

Last edited:
We sell birds and i don’t understand how a breeder could do that! Customer service should be a second priority any time you sell chicks or eggs. Second only to quality care to the birds! So sorry you had that experience, from what i’ve seen mypetchicken is pretty expensive. How much did you pay for the ones from the other place??

I would expect that customer service should be correlated to the price the farm charges for the birds. It obviously requires additional work and resources. The price I paid ended up being $50 per day old chick, MyPet chicken was about $30. Locally I can buy chicks for $3-$5.
I agree caring for the birds is the most important.

I would expect that customer service should be correlated to the price the farm charges for the birds. It obviously requires additional work and resources. The price I paid ended up being $50 per day old chick, MyPet chicken was about $30. Locally I can buy chicks for $3-$5.
I agree caring for the birds is the most important.
$50 is insane! I can’t even think of a breed where it’s chick is worth that much. So sorry you had to experience that!

I just looked at their website.... I breed lavender ameraucanas and I wouldn’t even think about selling a single chick for $49 a piece, their website is really good though.

Hey all,

wanted to warn my fellow chicken enthusiasts not to engage to do business with Feather Lover Farms. I ordered from them earlier in the year and paid obscene amount of money for their chickens. Some chicks didn’t make it alive, so that’s where the fun began. I have called 3-4 times and left a message. Emailed 3-4 times over a course of two month. Zero answer, despite all of the guarantees included in the terms of the sale. Otherwise I wouldn’t be paying that kind of money for chickens.

So I filed a dispute charge claim with my bank. And surprise surprise, who responded to everyone single email I have sent, with various levels of helpfulness or threats in them.

Note, you wouldn’t be able to locate any independent online reviews about them, except those moderated by them on their website. They seem to be pretty savvy on digital marketing so beware of trusting the front they put up with their website.

Also to note, the delivery process was ridiculous. They gave no notice of them shipping my chicks, which were on order for over a month. The chicks just showed up on 1 day notice from the post office while we were out of town.
Terrible experience overall. Stay away!

On a positive side, I ordered my previous batch from MyPet chicken. The prices are a lot more reasonable and they go above and beyond in their responsiveness and helpfulness with your order. That was my first mail order of chicks and I really appreciated their help with it. Also all chicken arrived healthy and stayed healthy.
$50 is insane! I can’t even think of a breed where it’s chick is worth that much. So sorry you had to experience that!

So I wish I had seen these posts before I attempted to shop on FLF. I am going through the same junk except my chicks arrived all dead. I am going through with getting another "free" replacement and I hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom