egg was moved during pipping - will it die?

hooligal

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Aloha all,

I woke this morning to a pipping egg & vigorous tapping sounds. Mama got startled & the egg was pitched from the nest - no pipping now, just very faint tapping. I know the eggs are not supposed to be moved the last three days - is this chick going to die because the egg rolled (a good foot)? Should I crack the chick out to save it?

I'd leave it be one chicks start hatching in incubators they kick the other eggs all over the place and they still manage to hatch I think the point of keeping them still is so they can orientate themselves to the air cell end to start pipping so once it's started you should be ok
smile.png
They can take a really long time from the initial pip to zipping and hatching out sometimes its a couple of days so don't panic just yet.
Good luck with the hatch
fl.gif
Fingers crossed I'm right and you should have a baby soon
jumpy.gif
Pics when it's out
big_smile.png

Good golly, Miss Molly, they're not THAT fragile, really!
tongue.png
A foot is nothing.

About 6 weeks ago, I hatched a batch of quail eggs. When I was looking at some of them checking for pips, I picked on up that was pipped, and dropped it out of my clumsy hands. It bounced off the plastic lid of my incubator, rolled down the table, fell off the edge and bounced down to the floor, rolled about 8 to 10 feet and came to rest under a computer desk.

Of course, I thought, "My God, I just killed it!" But, it wasn't cracked or anything.

12 hours later, a perfectly healthy normal little quail hatched out of that egg. I named him (or her, Coturnix, I can't really tell) "Lucky"

I had a hen setting that was caught by somthing about 10 days ago , I found the nest hen gone eggs cold , the next day in the afternoon . I switched on the incubator and gathered up as many other eggs as I could find and put them all in . Not knowing when the hen had started 4 hatched form the little gone hen while the turner was still going 4 out of 6 ain't bad when they went cold and were hatching while the turner was still going . ( Black Cochen Bantum ) still have 12 silkie and 14 Rir / black star and 8 english bantum eggs that have another 6 days to go .

Back
Top Bottom