Easter "Surprise", What Kind Of Banty is This?

PoultryPickins

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
I found this lil bugger yesterday morning out in my yard,struttin around with my other rooster and his hens.He is soo small and so lucky my big rooster is level headed.Any help with breed id would be nice,don't know alot about banties.Also any ideas on age and why his toenails are missing would be appreciated,i hope i uploaded pics right.Sorry for the blurr,he is jittery and they were taken with a phone.
77529_roosterbantam.jpg

77529_roofeet.jpg

Perhaps a Mille Fleur D'uccle? Lucky you, he's lovely. His toes may have been frostbitten at some point?

Last edited:
I looked up the mille fleur and the color looks right,and i should also mention he is really sweet and docile,even when i picked him up,then when i moved him for photo he totally flipped like i was gonna strangle him.He is caught now but when i went to catch him he didn't seem to know where to go so i dont think he wandered here.

He does look like a Mille Fleur d'Uccle who has been SEVERELY affected by frostbite. His comb and his feet both. Please keep him quarantined for at least a month to be sure that he doesn't have anything else going on.

Looks like a larger pea comb.But if it is frostbite damage on his feet could he have had points on it,and lost them to frostbite aswell?.

Poor thing. Maybe one of your neighbors rescued him from neglect and just dropped him off knowing you'd take him in?

I am trying to keep him seperate,but my other chickens are a bit to curious,i didn't intend to have more than 2 roosters for awhile,i just had to butcher one of my own from last year.I have no clue what i am gonna do with this lil guy,he is to small to really eat.
hmm.png

My neighbors are such,that my first thought when i saw this guy easter morning was that maybe they had gotten new "Toys" for their children and dropped their old toy in my yard,as i said earlier i don't think he wandered here,he seems to not know where he is.
Frostbite would fit with what i know of my neighbors and their thoughts towards "lesser"animals,like chickens,cats,rabbits,etc.

Back
Top Bottom