Duckling Leg Issues

M_Haworth07

Hatching
May 12, 2023
Hello,
I am needing advice for my duckling. We got them almost a month ago, so I'm guessing they are probably 1 1/2 months old. They are Cayuga and we have four of them together. One of the ducklings is having issues with one of her legs. At first, it looked like splay leg (a couple weeks ago), it was both of her legs bowed out and she was sitting on her belly. So we did the taping of the legs, started giving them Brewer's Yeast and she seemed to get better. Now she is walking on her left knee and the leg appears to be turning outward. She is leaning to the right side and doesn't use her left foot when she walks. This has been going on the last couple days. I have been researching and thought it could be a niacin deficiency. When we first got them, we were giving them non-medicated gamebird starter feed, since we had turkeys as well. Now we have them on duck feed and have been giving them Brewer's Yeast and peas as well (this has been the last couple days). I've tried watching the other ducklings and they seem to be a little bow legged too. I have attached pictures. Just wondering if the niacin deficiency is the cause or if it could be something else. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    792 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    810 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom