Duck has mucus buildup in nostrils and whistling breath

Mallard_Bantam

Chirping
Jul 11, 2022
8 month old female Call cross has had a whisle in breathing out of the nostrils for the past week approximately, and today noticed mucus blockage in nostrils and was breathing out of bill. Seems to be able to dislodge the dried mucus in water, but still has a whistle. Otherwise is perfectly normal in behavior. My ducks do tend to get little nicks on the bottom of their feet, I've read Riemerella can be got this way. Any Ideas?

Attachments

• 20240428_161608.jpg
    20240428_161608.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 16
8 month old female Call cross has had a whisle in breathing out of the nostrils for the past week approximately, and today noticed mucus blockage in nostrils and was breathing out of bill. Seems to be able to dislodge the dried mucus in water, but still has a whistle. Otherwise is perfectly normal in behavior. My ducks do tend to get little nicks on the bottom of their feet, I've read Riemerella can be got this way. Any Ideas?
Is she able to dunk her head anytime she needs to? There is Vet RX for respiratory. I'd add some ACV to the drinking dunking water. 1-2 Tab of ACV with mother to 1 gallon of water. I have no idea why she is having this but maybe one of both of these will help to dissove it.
Is a vet an option?

Yes, she's able to have deep water from the bowl (2 gallons) or the pool (55 gallons) all the time exept in the coop at night. The vet is an option, it would be preferable to treat it at home though

I’d replace the bowl while using the ACV heavy glass bowl would be best. Or food grade bucket I wouldn’t trust chemicals from other plastics being leached. I get food grade buckets from my grocery store bakery for free

Back
Top Bottom