duck foot issues, what are these?

PrettyCoolChicks

Songster
Mar 18, 2023
British Columbia, Canada
I thought my duck might have bumblefoot after doing a routine check and started soaking/disinfecting treatment but now i am not sure that is what it is. see photo!

Marked as 1 and 4 just looks like a mole, no crust and it feels smooth/same as the rest of the foot skin. Is that bumblefoot?

Marked as 3, it looks like there are many small skin spikes growing. There was another thread with a similar photo mentioning it looked like a papilloma wart and i think it kind of does, is that a thing in birds? Does it require treating?

Lastly marked as 2, it kind of looks like a combination if the 2 things above, but i'm not sure if the darkest creases between the growths are just discolored, still dirty despite soaking or might actually be infected?

Any thoughts, explanations and/or recommendations welcomed!

Context: this is on a male muscovi duck, who is a bit under a year old, otherwise healthy and acting normal, shows no sign of discomfort walking... both coop and run have deep bedding of mixed pine shavings, straw and dry leaves. I clean/add bedding daily. There are natural apple and cherry branches, both as roosts in coop and as perches in run. He free ranges sometimes, with human supervision. He's the only one of my 7 birds with feet looking like this. (the other has one very small discoloured spot similar to 4)

Attachments

• IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 11
Not sure what it is either. The one just looks like pigment. The other looks like an overgrowth of cells, and the biggest one may just be a pressure sore or something similar. I personally wouldn't do anything with it unless it's having troubles getting around.

Back
Top Bottom