Dosing for Coccidiosis

callie7

Chirping
May 22, 2019
good morning my friends,

I adopted some welsummer pullets and (lesson learned) 3 of the 5 I got have passed away. I noticed some bloody poop so I’m treating the remaining two and the rest of my flock just in case. I ordered powdered Corid. I’ve seen some of the dosing recommendations on here and there’s just so much information out there. I need help deciding how to dose my baby girls. They’re about 8-10 weeks old.

Thank you so much

Hello! I have been giving my approx. 5 week old Rhode chicks a dose of Corid because I thought they may of had coccidiosis- but I don't think they do. However, safety first. I've been giving 1 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teapsoon of Corid(I use the liquid) in one gallon of water.

Powder dose:
1.5 teaspoons per gallon for five days, then 1/3 teaspoon for 7-14 days.
:goodpost:

The dose mentioned above is not for a severe outbreak (which you have) and is for 9.6% liquid Corid as mentioned.
Agree, should be 2 teaspoons per gallon, followed by 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.

good morning my friends,

I adopted some welsummer pullets and (lesson learned) 3 of the 5 I got have passed away. I noticed some bloody poop so I’m treating the remaining two and the rest of my flock just in case. I ordered powdered Corid. I’ve seen some of the dosing recommendations on here and there’s just so much information out there. I need help deciding how to dose my baby girls. They’re about 8-10 weeks old.

Thank you so much

I believe the dosage is 1.5 teaspoons powdered Corid per gallon of water. Treat for 7 days.

Old quote from @Eggcessive

Corid should be put into water at 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water. Some will give 2 drops twice a day to a very ill bird to boost them at first, but they should drink it in the water. The treatment should be given for 7 days, and usually it is best to treat all chickens for coccidiosis at once. How old is your chicken, and what other symptoms is it showing? Here is some reading about coccidiosis:
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/2/Coccidiosis Management/43/symptoms-and-diagnosis/
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html

Back
Top Bottom