Does everyone stress ordering chicks the first time 😱

Pics
We are expecting 4 chicks to be shipped tomorrow from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. I can NOT stop checking my email 🤪 do they typically ship right on time? I am off of work for the next several days but I keep worrying I won’t know the chicks are at the post office 🤣
They usually ship on time, and the post office probably doesn't want them there any longer than you do with how loud they scream.😂

We are expecting 4 chicks to be shipped tomorrow from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. I can NOT stop checking my email 🤪 do they typically ship right on time? I am off of work for the next several days but I keep worrying I won’t know the chicks are at the post office 🤣
I stressed a lot about my chicks shipping from across the US! It is also quite stressful when the USPS tracker doesn’t update for a day and has you panicking haha! The chicks should arrive in 2-3 days with absolutely no worry! They are relatively fast with shipping chicks thankfully.

I stressed a lot about my chicks shipping from across the US! It is also quite stressful when the USPS tracker doesn’t update for a day and has you panicking haha! The chicks should arrive in 2-3 days with absolutely no worry! They are relatively fast with shipping chicks thankfully.
Thanks! I just hope the carriers are gentle and kind. They’ll obviously know they’re living animals but somehow I imagine them on the bottom of a stack of boxes. Glad to hear it generally works out well. I’ve read that they arrive pretty quickly!

I got chicks shipped for the first time this year. I was a bit worried about how they'd do but ik this is something the hatchery and the post office have a lot of experience with and sure enough, everyone arrived safely and promptly and the post office called me right as I was doing a bit of shopping after work. I lost one a few days later due to shipping stress but the remaining 7 are 10 weeks old and doing wonderfully! I would absolutely order chicks again

Be prepared! I’ve ordered twice from them, once I got them on the suspected hatch date, once the day after. I didn’t get a shipping email either time, the post office called both times. The first time in the afternoon, the second first thing in the morning. They were sent to the bigger post office in the next town over, instead of to my closer, smaller one.

They also sent an extra chick both times, they arrived healthy and happy and both groups thrived.

What kind of chicks did you order?

Be prepared! I’ve ordered twice from them, once I got them on the suspected hatch date, once the day after. I didn’t get a shipping email either time, the post office called both times. The first time in the afternoon, the second first thing in the morning. They were sent to the bigger post office in the next town over, instead of to my closer, smaller one.

They also sent an extra chick both times, they arrived healthy and happy and both groups thrived.

What kind of chicks did you order?
Good to know! Our hatch date is tomorrow. We ordered 3 orps (red/lav/buff) and a lav australorp.

I ordered from Mt. Healthy and had a fantastic experience from beginning to end.

I second the "be prepared." Have the brooder set up, the heater warmed up.

Enjoy your chicks, and please post pictures!

Good to know! Our hatch date is tomorrow. We ordered 3 orps (red/lav/buff) and a lav australorp.
That’s basically our order from last year-almost exactly a year ago, except an Easter egger instead of austrolorp, they’re great hens! Our fifth chick is ended up being a rooster, but I’ve heard Easter eggers are harder to vent sex so hopefully you won’t have that problem.

Attachments

• IMG_7042.jpeg
    IMG_7042.jpeg
    770.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7031.jpeg
    IMG_7031.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom