do you kiss/cuddle your ducks?

Duck mommy 2019

Crowing
Apr 1, 2019
i treat my ducks like babies. i let them inside and i love to hold them and cuddle. and they love spending time with me and my family. but a couple people have told me it’s really dangerous to hold them? is this true? 😬

i’ve had ducks for a long time and have never gotten sick from them!!??

I kiss and snuggle my ducks alllll the time. They are almost a year now. And they love it, they love cuddling and even give little duck kisses on my cheek or nose. I just make the kissing sound when holding them and they do it, lol.

I make sure to wash my hands and face afterwards. And they are no longer ducklings so it's not so much a risk of catching something for them.

Also depends how clean your ducks are. If they just swam and washed themselves, then snuggles away in my opinion!

I kiss and snuggle my ducks alllll the time. They are almost a year now. And they love it, they love cuddling and even give little duck kisses on my cheek or nose. I just make the kissing sound when holding them and they do it, lol.

I make sure to wash my hands and face afterwards. And they are no longer ducklings so it's not so much a risk of catching something for them.

Also depends how clean your ducks are. If they just swam and washed themselves, then snuggles away in my opinion!
thank you, this makes me feel better. on another thread everyone was saying i was gonna get sick from them

Salmonella is a risk. It's also a risk from eating cookie dough or cake batter with raw eggs in it. I still eat a taste of cookie dough and cake batter when I make them, and I also cuddle my ducks, but yes, there's a risk of salmonella poisoning. It's all about whether you're comfortable with that risk or not. Some people are, some people aren't.

I kiss and cuddle my duckies. They don't love it, but don't hate it either, lol. I am not concerned about getting worms or salmonella at all, but my mom is. Some risk it, some don't, but I sure do. So worth the risk to cuddle them and give them some love, I think. 😊

I spend a great deal of time with my birds. Right now I'm house-raising a duckling that has a bad twist in her spine. I try to cuddle and carry etc. with her as much of the day as I'm able to keep her socialized and not feeling lonely. I don't eat or drink when I'm handling her; try to keep her and my hands away from my face; wipe up any poop as soon as it happens; and WASH MY HANDS over and over. I feel that poor hygiene makes any pet--regardless of species--only as germy and dangerous as any other.

i treat my ducks like babies. i let them inside and i love to hold them and cuddle. and they love spending time with me and my family. but a couple people have told me it’s really dangerous to hold them? is this true? 😬

i’ve had ducks for a long time and have never gotten sick from them!!??
if you are not worried about a few scratches, maybe getting pooped on once in awhile, maybe some bites on your sweatshirt, and a few other minor stuff. you should be fine
I completely agree.
i think a lot of people agree. i cuddle my chickens and they fall asleep on my lap

Everyone here has listed all the risks to you in holding and cuddling the duckies. There is risk to the duck if you are not careful enough with how much pressure you put on the breast bone or ribs as that can restrict breathing. But as long as you are aware of how much pressure your putting on them and keep an eye on anything they might get their little bills on (lost one house chicken to it getting a tiny pellet of scent booster) while hanging out in the house i think it is fine to snuggle some duckies

Back
Top Bottom