Dealing with summer heat in faverolles

tomik261

Chirping
May 9, 2023
This isn't anything urgent and I just want to ask. How do you deal with salmon faverolles during summer? I'm a bit concerned as it isn't summer yet and one of our faverolles was panting in the coop. Outside she isn't panting but I can't imagine the swelter that's going to be inside that coop Durning 30 c heats. And one thing I'm unsure is if this is in the correct section, if it isn't please tell me and I'll move it.

Today I put an ice ring with treats frozen inside out for my birds, and they love it. I've also been making sure the water is filled and spaced out enough that nobody can gaurd it, I'll check it two or three times during the hottest parts of the day. We're adding shade cloth to the run.

I'll be following for more ideas though.

Today I put an ice ring with treats frozen inside out for my birds, and they love it. I've also been making sure the water is filled and spaced out enough that nobody can gaurd it, I'll check it two or three times during the hottest parts of the day. We're adding shade cloth to the run.

I'll be following for more ideas though.
Ice ring? We luckily have a shed that's above ground so they have about 25m² of shade to relax and have dust under the shed to bathe

There's the one I have going for tonight's treat.

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I also happen to have the only lot in my neighborhood without any trees in the backyard.

Attachments

• 16839218794747874702035549869631.jpg
    16839218794747874702035549869631.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 5
There's the one I have going for tonight's treat.

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I also happen to have the only lot in my neighborhood without any trees in the backyard.
Ow, maybe you could try planting some bushes, berries if you will they get shade and some fruit and you also get some fruit

That's the plan. I have a grape growing along the run, and am planting some sunflowers along the south and west sides of the fence.
Just need to give them a bit more time until they get big enough to give the shade.

That's the plan. I have a grape growing along the run, and am planting some sunflowers along the south and west sides of the fence.
Great hopefully the chickens don't hog up all the grapes for themselves, we have some yellow raspberry bushes that grow very quick and the chickens love their shade

Haha. It's a wild grape, possibly a fox grape, that volunteered next to the downspout, so I moved it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for some raspberry bushes. I wasn't expecting the heat to be so bad this soon.

Back
Top Bottom