Dark spot on duck egg! Pleas help!

toxicworlda

Chirping
Sep 9, 2016
Arkansas
I just took my duck eggs off the turner, when I noticed a dark spot on two of the four eggs. I candled them, and the veins are still vibrant and red. Sorry if this is completely normal and I'm freaking out for nothing, this is the first time I've hatched eggs.

Here's a pic:

I just took my duck eggs off the turner, when I noticed a dark spot on two of the four eggs. I candled them, and the veins are still vibrant and red. Sorry if this is completely normal and I'm freaking out for nothing, this is the first time I've hatched eggs.

Here's a pic:
is this near where its bill is?
another user has found that malpositioned ducks 'bruise' the shells while trying to pip because they are in the wrong position to hit it with their egg tooth

is this near where its bill is?
another user has found that malpositioned ducks 'bruise' the shells while trying to pip because they are in the wrong position to hit it with their egg tooth

I honestly can't tell, I checked the two without dark spots and it looks like one pipped the air cell. If they are malpositiond what should I do?

I honestly can't tell, I checked the two without dark spots and it looks like one pipped the air cell. If they are malpositiond what should I do?
wait until its wicked dark, candle to see if you can see yolk at the bottom

read some of this stuff:

DUCK ASSISTING VIA CANDLES post #79130
assisting, Brown spot Duck egg malposition post #87959

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE

Why to ALLOW ducklings to hatch on its own post #110858
NOPE she is not ready for you to assist yet! post #24835 now is she? post #24850

I guess not WRONG all the time......Mine hatched with a mark like that..
wink.png
....Its here and running around being a duckling..
smile.png

Sorry I replied..
sad.png
dont be sorry you replied, you just didnt know because your egg hatched, sometimes they are fine, sometimes they need help

just sponge up the information for next time

Back
Top Bottom