Sponsored Post Combine nutrition and your chickens natural instincts!

Interesting read........

pop.gif

Joe

That being said - haha - I myself have used the Baby cake thing for my chicks and they loved it so much, I just bought another one. I got it at the TSC for cheaper than they sell it at Meyer's.

And THAT is what the thread should be about, and I expect it would be if future sponsored posts were modified in the manner I suggested in my last post. Love you guys!!!
smile.png

While we appreciate the feedback regarding posts in the "Sponsored Content" section of the site, and are paying attention and making changes where needed, this thread is not the place to post these questions and concerns.

If there are any other helpful and friendly questions, concerns, or feedback about how we manage BYC, provide our services for free by having advertising, etc. please direct them to me via PM or post in the feedback section of the site.

Out of consideration for the sponsor and the content of this thread, I'm moving the side topics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/652440/discussion-on-sponored-content

Last edited:
My mom just brought over a Baby Cake today for my chicks. I had a Forage Cake before for my grown chickens and they loved it, and she saw the Baby one and picked it up for me. The babies didn't know what to do with it to begin with but quickly caught on. It was hilarious to watch 8 chicks try to eat off of it at one time. I'm hoping this will balance their diets and I had no idea it would help with their poop. I have a chick with lingering pasty butt so maybe this will give him a boost! Great Article!! Absolutely love the cakes!

I'm gonna have to look for these. I have used a product from TSC called "Flock Block" before and my birds LOVED IT. It was about the size of a cattle salt lick so it lasted quite a while.

The block i bought before was reddish in color with all kinds of goodies in it, These 'treats' look more like regular feed though, does anyone know what all is in them?

So I bought a baby cake, and my 7 day old chicks seem entirely disinterested. Do I need to explain to them that it's food? I crumbled off a little and put it in a dish and they did eat this (I think, it was gone the next day) but they seem to have no interest in the hanging feeder that I pop in after work and take out before bed.

Keep a couple of the babycakes in freezer for dead-of-winter augmentation of diets (animal protein, primarily). Primary developer/promoter discussed views, thoroughly, on dietary matters in a long-ago thread that was closed as it slipped into `product placement' but was otherwise very informative: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/140469/farmers-helper-poultry-supplements

(please be so kind as to ignore formatting in my posts as links/quotes didn't travel well to this platform and I'm unable to edit).

So I bought a baby cake, and my 7 day old chicks seem entirely disinterested. Do I need to explain to them that it's food? I crumbled off a little and put it in a dish and they did eat this (I think, it was gone the next day) but they seem to have no interest in the hanging feeder that I pop in after work and take out before bed.

Do they like yogurt? I put some dabs of yogurt on mine sometimes and they go nuts over it.

I saw these at our local TSC but was highly concerned about the quantity of corn, corn gluten meal, corn syrup and aluminum. I make a point to not feed any of us - human, feathered, finned or furry friends - any GMO ingredients. Knowing the huge percentage of corn in this country that is GMO I can only figure this product would also contain those GMO ingredients since it doesn't state differently.

I don't have a problem making my own cakes with ingredients I trust, but it would sure be nice to have a handy-dandy alternative. Are these cakes made with GMO free ingredients?

Thanks for any further info!

hi Julie,

UltraKibble contains just enough nutritious corn, the foundation of livestock feeds for more than two hundred years and nearly an equal proportion of sorghum.
It is soy free.
We source all the materials in our feed very carefully and support local farmers. We support sustainable agriculture. The ethics of sustainability are paramount to our company.

We try our best to source materials from non-gmo farms. We cannot guarantee our corn is not GMO because there are no appropriate feed manufacturing facilities that mill grain, which offer a service to mill only non-GMO grains. Cross-pollination is another reality.

It's a sad day we live in when we've learned to fear farming.

We're dedicated to the long-term health of our countries livestock and by extension- you - the consumer of farm fresh eggs and other poultry. We're dedicated to the health of your pets and our planet.

I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread. Thank you for posting it BYCF!

I would like to add something to this discussion- or rather underscore something about the value of behavioral enrichment.

Chickens evolved in human environments literally scratching a living out of dung heaps. They thrive in municipal landfills and toxic golf courses. But chickens were wild junglefowl long before they made their way into our Neolithic villages 10,000 years ago.
They are hard-wired to eke out a living scratching, pecking and digging at the earth. Farmers' Helper encourages domestic fowl to think a bit more like junglefowl with supplements that are used in conjunction with a maintenance ration. ForageCakes are a behavioral enrichment tool useful for flocks with feather pecking, egg eating or moult stress. They're not a maintenance ration unto themselves. The nutrient ratios folded into the products are absolutely optimal. We decided to make nutrition products for poultry- equally suitable for endangered wild species kept in captivity. Our vitamin premix, prebiotics, probiotics and etc. are the best on the market. It's great food and provides sustainable solutions to conventional problems associated with poultry.

Jenni is so far as I know not an employee of Resolve Sustainable Solutions- but that Jill character- she's one of them!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom