Color question

karint

Songster
May 24, 2019
So sounds like I didn’t actually get an ameraucana but an Americana or EE which is fine cause she’s adorable. What I’m wondering is what color will she become. Anyone that had an Americana chick this color shed some light please. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 7
Most chicks sold at feed stores labeled as "Ameracaunas" are actually EEs and they can be that light. But it's too young to tell if it's actually an Ameracauna or not.

I've had several light colored EE chicks like that and they all turned out a bit different so it's hard to say yet!

I've had several light colored EE chicks like that and they all turned out a bit different so it's hard to say yet!
Were they all a variation of a lighter color? I really want a light variation and not brown version.

Were they all a variation of a lighter color? I really want a light variation and not brown version.
Yes, all light! I have a pure white, white with little flecks, white base with a brown wash on it's chest and grey on it's head, and another white kinda wheaten almost but washed out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom