Cochin Thread!!!

I am in search of frizzle cochins and sizzles. My husband loves them and wants them as pets, not show birds. We live in NE Ohio. Does anyone know of a contact? Thanks!

Quote:
LOL I don't think any of Tom Roebuck's accomplishments are 'just talk'. a cull of his will win over many other birds most days (IMO). I HAVE one of those boys, and he is hands down the best bird (closest to SOP) on my property.

Last edited:
Quote:

not the greatest pic of him... he'd been in a quarantine tote for a few days at this point...
I got him because he was "too dark". which is fine since he's going to be going into my red project, to improve type. color should come back in another generation or 2...

not the greatest pic of him... he'd been in a quarantine tote for a few days at this point... I got him because he was "too dark". which is fine since he's going to be going into my red project, to improve type. color should come back in another generation or 2...
Love him!!

I believe these two will throw good females. :)
The birchen and the black hen.

Last edited:

A Bantam Black Cochin hen bred, raised and shown by Tom Roebuck won Grand Champion of the Show at the 2013 APA National Show/ NE Poultry Congress last weekend. Congratulations Tom. I know a few of us know Tom and are proud of his accomplishment.
This isn't Tom's first "Super Grand Champion"!! He's done it with both Large Fowl and Bantams!! Certainly one of the Breed's all-time best breeders and showman!

LOL I don't think any of Tom Roebuck's accomplishments are 'just talk'. a cull of his will win over many other birds most days (IMO). I HAVE one of those boys, and he is hands down the best bird (closest to SOP) on my property.

^^ Not the best pic of him, but this is Tom (I know, sooo original). He was bred and I think shown by Tom Roebuck as a cockerel. He sold him to a junior exhibitor and while he had him he won BB/BV over John Burgess last year. I am very happy to now have him as a foundation to my Chocolate Cochin Project. Next year he will go over my black bantam Cochin pullets since he can and does naturally breed. I like him over my Jamie Matts boy - Tom's more compact and wide in the cushion.

While I am at it, my best blue. Not sure how she stacks up to others, but I like her. She is a bit small.

I just got a buff hen that came from Tom. Not directly but through a friend. He gave her to me. I guess everyone has culls.
I can use her in my buff barred project but I shall have to see how she crosses with some of my boys. I bred her last year to my buff roo for my friend and she never gave him anything good to work with. He is now out of the buff business but I have a new buff hen to put with my buff barred project. Her color isn't as good as my other buffs but her shape is okay. I will have to get photos of her once she is out of quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom