Cochin Thread!!!

Another video of my mottled fluff-butts at 4 months. :)

0.jpg

I got such a kick out of your video. Cochins are the best! Nice camera work, BTW. Were you using a glide cam?

ok well bad news on the predator front...

lost one of my incompletely laced girls and a mille fleur girl 2 days ago... a hawk I guess, from the piles of feathers I found. then last night something busted into one of my pens where the red and silver laced were... lost BOTH roos. the reds, i'm hoping to get a buff roo to go over, from tom roebuck next month, but the silver laced roo was the best i'd seen in .. well ever, up close and personal...

so if anyone has any extra silver laced cockerels, PLEASE pm me? I've got 2 girls nearing POL, and nothing to put with them, short of my bantam blrw roo. not what I really would like to do.

lost one of my incompletely laced girls and a mille fleur girl 2 days ago...  a hawk I guess, from the piles of feathers I found. then last night something busted into one of my pens where the red and silver laced were...  lost BOTH roos.  the reds, i'm hoping to get a buff roo to go over, from tom roebuck next month, but the silver laced roo was the best i'd seen in .. well ever, up close and personal...

so if anyone has any extra silver laced cockerels, PLEASE pm me?  I've got 2 girls nearing POL, and nothing to put with them, short of my bantam blrw roo.  not what I really would like to do.
[/quote
How terrible! I'm sorry. I have a couple month old SL Roos....but we live so far away:( And who knows how they'll turn out anyway. Probably nothing near what you have/had.

lost one of my incompletely laced girls and a mille fleur girl 2 days ago... a hawk I guess, from the piles of feathers I found. then last night something busted into one of my pens where the red and silver laced were... lost BOTH roos. the reds, i'm hoping to get a buff roo to go over, from tom roebuck next month, but the silver laced roo was the best i'd seen in .. well ever, up close and personal...

so if anyone has any extra silver laced cockerels, PLEASE pm me? I've got 2 girls nearing POL, and nothing to put with them, short of my bantam blrw roo. not what I really would like to do.
So so sorry, Karen. If Craig Hansen can't help, then you should contact either Darrin Day or Russell Estlack.

Soooo sorry~! We lost some to 2 Bobcats last week. One cat came right up on the porch, 6ft from our kitche slider at 8:30 in the morning. I couldn't believe it~! Sometimes you just feel like throwing in the towel.....

Soooo sorry~! We lost some to 2 Bobcats last week. One cat came right up on the porch, 6ft from our kitche slider at 8:30 in the morning. I couldn't believe it~! Sometimes you just feel like throwing in the towel.....
well i'm leaning towards coyotes but not positive... this was the pen that had a doghouse for the house (used for most of my babies at one time or another)... the doghouse is attached to the pen with a nylon ratchet strap, so just normal pushing and pulling won't dislodge it. these buggers chewed thru the strap then knocked over the doghouse. which I have a hard time moving by myself.

the only thing I found of both roos was part of the reds wing and the silver laced's tail.

I got such a kick out of your video. Cochins are the best! Nice camera work, BTW. Were you using a glide cam?

I can't take credit for that, Youtube has a feature that steadies your video. I was quite wobbly in comparison! I was just using my Canon G12 so it's made more for still shots.

On a funny note, I had a bad dream about my cochins last night. Are any of you crazy enough like me that you dream about your chickens? Anyway, I dreamt I was letting my cochins out of their pens to graze on our lawn but then had to run into the house for something. I heard a hawk sound (they were noisy in my dream) and lots of clucking. I ran back outside and all of my cochins had turned into Sebastopol geese. What a nightmare!
lau.gif

I can't take credit for that, Youtube has a feature that steadies your video. I was quite wobbly in comparison! I was just using my Canon G12 so it's made more for still shots.

On a funny note, I had a bad dream about my cochins last night. Are any of you crazy enough like me that you dream about your chickens? Anyway, I dreamt I was letting my cochins out of their pens to graze on our lawn but then had to run into the house for something. I heard a hawk sound (they were noisy in my dream) and lots of clucking. I ran back outside and all of my cochins had turned into Sebastopol geese. What a nightmare!
lau.gif
Yes, I dream of my chickens. We have an EE that got attacked by something back in July and while it survived (my daughter brought it in and nursed it back to health amazingly since it barely had an skin left on it's back, neck, and breast) it hasn't laid an egg since then. The other night I dreamed she had laid an egg. In my dream I started running to the computer to post on the thread I regularly talk about her on. lol!

Back to the topic of this thread.... can a few of you please post pics of your cochin's eggs? I know mine just started laying (the girl in my avatar is all grown up) but I can't figure out which one is hers. I think I know but I'm getting confused. Those darn chickens don't make it easy! I'd also love to see how similar or different they all are.

And just for fun, here's some more recent pics of my girl.

I just love their fluffy butts!

Here she is with her 2 best friends.

And taking a nap with the bunny

So sorry to hear that Karen. Losing birds is very hard. I loved that Silver laced boy. Hope some there can help you out with stock.

Back
Top Bottom