Chicken Vomiting Water

One of my hens is just sitting around, she let my pick her up and she stayed on my lap, this is not like her at all, it’s usually catch me if you can game. I tipped her just a tiny bit to look at her behind and when I did she threw up a lot, I didn’t think a chicken could throw up as much as she did. Does anyone know what could be her problem?
Oh I gave her some probiotic water and she is drinking a lot of it. I took her out of her run to keep her away from the others.

One of my hens is just sitting around, she let my pick her up and she stayed on my lap, this is not like her at all, it’s usually catch me if you can game. I tipped her just a tiny bit to look at her behind and when I did she threw up a lot, I didn’t think a chicken could throw up as much as she did. Does anyone know what could be her problem?
Oh I gave her some probiotic water and she is drinking a lot of it. I took her out of her run to keep her away from the others.
Sounds like she may have an impacted crop. Is she laying eggs or have you noticed if she has any bloat or fluid in her abdomen below the vent between her legs.
I would make sure she's got access to water and is drinking, check her crop in the morning before she's had anything to drink or eat and use the article to help you determine what treatment you may need to use.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

She may have just had a crop full of water.
This morning she still is Lethargic and her poop was runny with a black spot. She still acts like she has water in her mouth, like she is drinking. I’m afraid to give her anything to eat or drink yet. I’m going to go feel her crop and see if it’s hard Or squishy.

Back
Top Bottom