Chicken Food Tower

One lady is already checking :lau
img (8).jpg

"Smarter, not harder", aka why "Lazy" has led to all sorts of advancements.

DH is shaking his head over my plan to not leave the chickens in their palace but to move the for-sales and some bought-for-the-purpose meat rangers to various parts of the yard that badly need to be broken up and have organic material worked in before we can expect grass or vegetables to grow.

We have quite decent rain recently (and coming weeks, too), I am also trying to set up something simple to collect rain water from both coops. I wish these two areas I chose for chickens can gradually become self-sufficient, food, water, fun

You have a much more forgiving climate than I have for such things. :)

I just keep reminding people that the guy satisfied with repeatedly throwing his pick at the ground never put the effort into attaching a plow to a draft animal. ;)

Good luck getting your birds to break ground! Tractors are good for that, free ranging, sadly, isn't.

They've done a good job in the current area.

We've got weird soil -- fine sand that packs like concrete with very thin and localized layers of white clay. Anywhere in the run right now I can easily plunge a shovel in. Two feet outside the run I can only drive a step-in post for a day or two after heavy rain.

DH is shaking his head over my plan to not leave the chickens in their palace but to move the for-sales and some bought-for-the-purpose meat rangers to various parts of the yard that badly need to be broken up and have organic material worked in before we can expect grass or vegetables to grow.

You have a much more forgiving climate than I have for such things. :)
Yeah, but this year rain terribly much, just received a level 2 warning for intensive raining, and the heavy rain arrived in no time, huuu, 30L/m2 per hour, thankfully everyone is already at home.

07.10 update

To further strengthen the towers, I added 4 such ground anchors to fix the wire on the ground.
26414.jpg

And then put the dried chive flowers directly into the compost, they are dried indoors for about 10 days, fully matured, seeds are all ready. Last year I did the same, put the entire dried flowers into soil, and the result is totally satisfying.
26411.jpg

Some are inserted from the side
26412.jpg

And some are put like this way, and covered with compost again.
26413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom