chicken coop plans

MJCoffin

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2019
we are building our first chicken coop and I need plans for 9-10 chickens. I would like plans to include a slanted roof instead of a "peak". I am going to start with 6 chickens but may want to expand. I need a run too and prefer to have part of the run to be under the coop.
Also would like to have an easy access door for a wheelbarrow to fit underneath for easy cleaning.

Any ideas where to find such plans? We are not expert builders so need detailed plans and instructions. Thank you

You should put your location in your profile. Weather makes a difference in answers.

Sounds like your wanting to build the typical raised coop, I built one but never again. One day I hope to tear it down and make it a walk in coop. They are just too hard to clean and service and getting under to clean is royal pain.

Look for shed plans and modify one to fit your needs.

If you have flat ground a "hoop coop" is easy to make and can be the run and coop in one.

JT

You should put your location in your profile. Weather makes a difference in answers.

Sounds like your wanting to build the typical raised coop, I built one but never again. One day I hope to tear it down and make it a walk in coop. They are just too hard to clean and service and getting under to clean is royal pain.

Look for shed plans and modify one to fit your needs.

If you have flat ground a "hoop coop" is easy to make and can be the run and coop in one.

JT
Thank you. I live in NC and plan to have a walk in coop.

Have you looked at the Coops section under the Articles tab? There are 100's of coops there built by members, some have the plans or at least step-by-step documentation on how they were built.
chicken-coops.12

I agree with @jthornton walk-in coops are more convenient from the human view point.

P.S. :welcome
thank you. I want to build a walk in coop.

Something like this:

During construction from the outside
Coop.jpg

inside during construction
inside coop.jpg

Thank you. I live in NC and plan to have a walk in coop.

The next thread you start no one will know your from NC unless you put that in your profile...

A shed is a good place to start for a walk in coop, if it's big enough you can partition it off and also store your chicken supplies. That's basically what I'm doing with my shed.

JT

Back
Top Bottom