Chicken Arthritis! PLEASE HELP!!

Cottage Goblin

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2022
My chicken, Estelle, is a 2 yr old chicken who was recently diagnosed with arthritis in her hip and a fracture in her leg. She us on pain meds and a joint supplement. Her limp is still pretty bad but she still will eat. Any advice on how to keep her comfortable? I'm wondering if any of you have experience of hot cold therapy on chicken and with would work better for chickens. Really just any advice on how to keep her comfortable or lessen the effects of her arthritis. I'll include a video of her limping.

My chicken, Estelle, is a 2 yr old chicken who was recently diagnosed with arthritis in her hip and a fracture in her leg. She us on pain meds and a joint supplement. Her limp is still pretty bad but she still will eat. Any advice on how to keep her comfortable? I'm wondering if any of you have experience of hot cold therapy on chicken and with would work better for chickens. Really just any advice on how to keep her comfortable or lessen the effects of her arthritis. I'll include a video of her limping.
Hows your gal? I came across this thread b/c my chicken started limping yesterday. Not a single other symptom which is good. I notice after walking around outside looking all normal, the leg may tire and her gait will show this. My thinking is, as long as shes doing all the normal chicken stuff, shes not suffering. If she displays pain or weakness, i will unfortunately have to crate her for safety. I wonder if a CBD product would benefit a chicken. Might have to ask a pro what they think. Have you included any sort of pain management since April when you originally posted? Thank you and good luck with all. 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom