Chick not eating

Ray987

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2024
Hello, woke up this morning to let the chicks out and noticed one of them not eating or drinking (13-14 days old) no signs of any injury and no pastey butt
I think it's wings are down here's, any help would be appreciated

(Note, i gave it honey water, had to force drink)

Attachments

• IMG_20240512_015025.jpg
    IMG_20240512_015025.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240512_014746.jpg
    IMG_20240512_014746.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240512_014756.jpg
    IMG_20240512_014756.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240512_015600.jpg
    IMG_20240512_015600.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 3
I would continue to offer fluids and moistened chick feed or a little raw egg. It could be showing signs of dehydration, failure to thrive or coccidiosis. It wouldn’t hurt to get some Corid and treat for possible coccidiosis. Corid (amprollium) dosage is 1/2 tsp of the liquid Corid in a quart of water for 5-7 days. Also give it a couple of drops orally of the undiluted Corid once a day for an extra boost.

Last edited:
I would continue to offer fluids and moistened chick feed or a little raw egg. It could be showing signs of dehydration, failure to thrive or coccidiosis. It wouldn’t hurt to get some Corid and treat for possible coccidiosis. Corid (amprollium) dosage is 1/2 tsp of the liquid Corid in a quart of water for 5-7 days. Also give it a couple of drops orally of the undiluted Corid once a day for an extra boost.
It was among 28 other chicks does that mean I need to give Corid to all of them?

What country are located in? Corid or amprollium is safe for the others. However, most chicks that age need a temperature of 80 degrees F of heat around the clock. And they need to be on a balanced chick feed. Bulgar wheat corn and egg may be lacking nutrients they need. But the chick could have some other issue that has caused it to stop eating. I am not a vet, and it can be common to lose a chick. Hopefully, the others will all be okay. Keep their brooder very dry and clean as possible.

What country are located in? Corid or amprollium is safe for the others. However, most chicks that age need a temperature of 80 degrees F of heat around the clock. And they need to be on a balanced chick feed. Bulgar wheat corn and egg may be lacking nutrients they need. But the chick could have some other issue that has caused it to stop eating. I am not a vet, and it can be common to lose a chick. Hopefully, the others will all be okay. Keep their brooder very dry and clean as possible.
Located in Syria, our neighbor been raising chicks with this method for years and she never had chicks die according to her so I thought to give her method a try, as I mentioned finding good quality feed is real hard and a gamble

The chick was perfectly fine yesterday, it woke up like this

Anyways is coccidiosis the kind of disease that can be treated easily or it's like mycoplasma and Newcastle diseases?

I'm more worried about the other chicks too trying to prevent it from spreading if it's something fatal

Back
Top Bottom