Can I water glass unwashed eggs that have been refrigerated?

For some reason it popped into my head today that it might be a problem. I can't seem to find anything with an online search. I read one thread on here that said it's OK, But I just want to make sure.
I looked it up, too, and don't see anything saying it's a bad thing.

I think when we read the directions, it's implied we're using clean, fresh, unwashed eggs, though, but nobody's mentioning "unrefrigerated." I'd do it if I were you.

The float test works and is amazing. You can use it. But it helps to remember that in food preservation, air and sometimes water is the enemy. In water glassing you don't use pure water, because of the lime it works. So that's fine.

But just remember water and air are the enemy (water conditionally). So the amount of time in the fridge exposed to the air could count against how long the eggs will last and cut that short a small amount. its not like to have cut it that much though.

I wish you luck. And self sufficiency is beautiful! if you think about it, you are studying how to take care of your family. Its special. More people should be doing this.

Back
Top Bottom