Can I put Tylan 50 injectable in Water?

naught

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 21, 2012
Redding, CA
It seems like my chickens have been passing around a cold or something......was thinking I would just dose them all through water but all I have is the injectable. Can I put that in their water? and how much per gallon?

No it is meant to be given as an injection into the breast muscle. If you give it orally, it must be given straight by mouth, undiluted. 1/2 ml for every 5 lb of weight, 1/4 ml for bantam, 1 ml for over 5 lb. daily for 5 days.

Last edited:
No it is meant to be given as an injection into the breast muscle. If you give it orally, it must be given straight by mouth, undiluted. 1/2 ml for every 5 lb of weight, 1/4 ml for bantam, 1 ml for over 5 lb. daily for 5 days.

x2. Adding tylan injectable to water will make it ineffective, that's what tylan soluable powder is for.

Quote:
Pull the wattles down and the mouth will open. If the bird struggles, dont let go of the wattles...she will tire. Then squirt the liquid in her mouth and immediately release the wattles so she can swallow the liquid on her own. If you dont quickly release the wattles, she could aspirate, then there would be problems.

Pull the wattles down and the mouth will open. If the bird struggles, dont let go of the wattles...she will tire. Then squirt the liquid in her mouth and immediately release the wattles so she can swallow the liquid on her own. If you dont quickly release the wattles, she could aspirate, then there would be problems.
yes I have done this before . Thanks though when they aspirate that is not good.
Lost a bird that way once

Last edited:
Can you please review the Tylan 200 injectable dosage amount and frequency? I’m planning to start treatment tmrw and am feeling unsure.

Back
Top Bottom