Can Ducklings eat chick starter?

I just read a blog about this, and I guess the medicated starter is a nono for ducks (the medication can cause problems) so yes for chick starter, b
Just make sure it is not the medicated kind.

I just read a blog about this, and I guess the medicated starter is a nono for ducks (the medication can cause problems)
This is no longer true in most cases. It was true ~30 years ago. But almost all of the major brands now use Amprollium, which is not poisonous to ducks (or chicks) except in very high doses, far beyond what they could get out of a bag of feed.

This is no longer true in most cases. It was true ~30 years ago. But almost all of the major brands now use Amprollium, which is not poisonous to ducks (or chicks) except in very high doses, far beyond what they could get out of a bag of feed.
OH that's great! I am glad they changed what they were using and made it simpler for mixed flock owners!

I would feed Ducklings a All-Flock/Flock Raiser crumbles feed with 20/22% Protein to Start.
20190416_070335.jpg

It also has more Niacin that young Ducklings need and you can feed to Chicks. GC

Back
Top Bottom