BYC Member Interview - BYC Support

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Dec 12, 2013
KY
@BYC Support

Come say hello to Robert! He's been a member since May 2017 and comes to us from South Africa.

1. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
All the way from South Africa. I am 42, married with no children. Except for Zeus our GSD. Sumi Introduced me to Rob and the team and suggested I give it a try. Been here since May 2017. Duties include handling the Support email account for BYC and smaller sites, the odd project here and posting interesting articles on FB that features on BYC.

2. Why and when did you start keeping poultry?
Not keeping. Eating. :lau

3. Which aspects of poultry keeping eating do you enjoy the most?
The breast, the leg, the thigh. 1 cup with half chutney and half mayonnaise with spices mixed. Put your chicken (can be raw) in an oven bowl and cover your "sauce" over the chicken. Cover the oven bowl with the lid and put in oven. Bake until cooked. You can use the cooked sauce over some rice or potatoes. Enjoy.

4. Which members of your flock, past and present, stand out for you and why?
Sumi. I knew her well before we got onto BYC. I started my new job in her home town and just connected. She was the one who kept in touch and had some wisdom in her that I sometimes took for granted.

5. What was the funniest poultry related thing that has happened to you in your years as an owner?
Well. not Poultry related. Our dog gives us joy every day. When we play with him and with some tricks I learned him is always nice to see. Not sure how I got it right but he will sit and wait to get his command to eat his food. Drooling mouth and all. Shame.

6. Beside poultry, what other pets do you keep?
Zeus. and my Mother-in-law. But luckily for me she chooses my side of the story and will even support my Rugby team The Blue Bulls. She is a Stormer supporter.

7. Anything you'd like to add?
We do like some sports. F1, Rugby, Tour de France and Dakar Rally to name a few. I ride a BMW R1200 R motorcycle and only had my license last year. My advise for parents will be that they need to teach their children to ride motorcycles. In the event they turn 40 and want to start riding then they don't have to stress trying to pass their license to ride. Which happened to me. I was so scared that I was going to fail that day.
Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 7.12.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 7.13.07 AM.png

@BYC Support

For more information about the interview feature and a complete list of member interviews:
introducing-vip-member-interviews

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom