Buff Orpingtons at almost 8 weeks

Mac84

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Here are my ladies pictures at 8 weeks old! Rooki is still the biggest one and Omelette is still the smallest of all. There's a huge difference between these two. I just hope I don't get any surprises when they are finally adults, I feel very attached to them now, they're my babies! <3

My girls (i hope) with Rooki in the front, Lilly, Phoebe and Omelette kissing

Happy Rooki free roaming

Rooki and Phoebe relaxing. They LOVE the sunlight!

Phoebe

Rooki feels photogenic and curious today...

Little Omelette, still so shy, but she's the first one to come running when I have food :)

Can someone give me an opinion on Rooki. "She's" the first one on the right, I know, just her head over there.

Lilly, Omelette and Phoebe

That's it by now!!
jumpy.gif

Marta.

OY! I forgot! we haven't finnished the coop yet, but we andvanced a lot on my hubby's day off

the front

The back.

It still needs A LOT of work and we have to change some things I don't think are going to work, but hey! it's our first coop and we have no idea of how to build one! lol. I just can't wait to see it finished!!!

Colbie Bear and his chicken

"This fence is piece of cake Ma!"

"My chickens!"...."MINE!"

Colbie LOOOOOVES being around the chickens

Colbie Bear and Lilly

It's been VERY hot today in LA

Oh my goodness Marta. Look how big they have gotten!! And still...all looking like little girls. Colbie Bear is ADORABLE!!!!!!! What a delightful bunch of photos you've shared!! Oh and the coop! It's looking so whimsical!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kelly
✿​
Our Country Chronicles
✿​

Hi Kelly! I just left a message on your blog, I'm so sorry about Dixie!
I am glad they all look like girls to you! My chicks are growing so fast and so is Rooki! (I will have to change her name lol ) it's good to have someone to keep telling you she still looks like a girl! her crown is a bit bigger than the rest and so is she!
the coop is driving us crazy! if it was for me I would have put 4 ply woods together and a roof and some nice design inside, but we had a kids play set that my husband wanted to get rid of and we are using the woods to build it...and it's a pain in the neck! lol
the backside was my idea, I wanted something nice to use as a door to collect the eggs instead of a box attached to the back :)
It's gonna take forever but I can't wait to have it finished! specially because the girls need a new place to live! we are keeping them in an improvised coop at night and free roaming in one side of the house during the day, but just when I'm home, althought it's most of the time.
Thanks for your nice comment!

Back
Top Bottom