Bloodshot eye?

Winderdear

Crowing
Jun 16, 2023
My 15 week old Dominique has some reddish discoloration in her iris. She seems to be able to see just fine with it, and her other eye is normal. I just want to make sure this isn’t something I need to worry about. D4F7B899-0D6D-4039-9B2E-46CDE19B81AE.jpeg
E203D9B0-9A07-400A-B316-C0F5AA671BDF.jpeg

It's probably genetic. As long as she's not scratching her eye, head shaking, excessive eye blinking, and she's eating, drinking and acting like a chicken should...there's nothing to worry about.

It's probably genetic. As long as she's not scratching her eye, head shaking, excessive eye blinking, and she's eating, drinking and acting like a chicken should...there's nothing to worry about.
Thank you! I’ll keep watching her for any of those symptoms and update if her behavior changes. This is new though, her eye wasn’t like this yesterday. Do you mean this is just how her eye color is changing as she matures? I was worried one of my other girls had pecked her.

Thank you! I’ll keep watching her for any of those symptoms and update if her behavior changes. This is new though, her eye wasn’t like this yesterday. Do you mean this is just how her eye color is changing as she matures? I was worried one of my other girls had pecked her.
Thanks for the additional info.
It's possible she couldve been pecked in the eye. Another possibility is debris in her eye.
You can flush her eye with a saline solution and then apply Terramycin eye ointment in her eye for 7 days. Just a small amount is all that is needed.
Here's where you can order it: You can use plain Neosporin ointment in a pinch if you wish. Either will prevent infection.
https://jedds.com/products/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-pfizer-a-h?_pos=1&_sid=5840c5642&_ss=r

Thanks for the additional info.
It's possible she couldve been pecked in the eye. Another possibility is debris in her eye.
You can flush her eye with a saline solution and then apply Terramycin eye ointment in her eye for 7 days. Just a small amount is all that is needed.
Here's where you can order it: You can use plain Neosporin ointment in a pinch if you wish. Either will prevent infection.
https://jedds.com/products/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-pfizer-a-h?_pos=1&_sid=5840c5642&_ss=r
Thank you so much! Sorry for the lack of info initially, I should have included that it was a new development from the beginning. I will follow your advice!

Back
Top Bottom