Baby RIR with growth?

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
hu.gif
:|Here is one of my little ones,with what appears to be unusual growth on her chest.........any ideas as to what to do?what it is?normal?not? thanks all.........
Picture074.jpg

Hmmmmm, looks too low to be a full crop....I would seperate her form the others, and stop all feed for the night. See if it goes down. If in the morning it is smaller or gone....it was a full crop. Is she eating, drinking and acting normal? Normal poo? Hope it goes down in the morning.

Looks like it's crop to me. Take food away for the night and make sure it goes away. If not it could be impacted so give some grit. I doubt it is any impaction though and she's probally stuffed!

Looks like a crop to me, too. It is probably firm yet a little squishy when gently squeezed... which is the wet food packed in there.

It will probably be gone in the morning. If not, post again!

-MTchick

wee.gif
My little RIR chick is doing fine, today,guess it WAS a full crop.....now one of my little Barred Rocks has the same thing.......taking food out again tonight..........
wee.gif

Last edited:
Awww, im so glad she is ok. There is probably no need to remove the feed every night. It should go down by morning. By taking away the feed, they will gorge themselves, filling the crop. Just let them have free feed, and watch them.

Quote:
Okay thanks........... I did leave food in tonight......will check my BR tomorrow.but think they just gorged after coming out of store.............so.........happy chicks once more.....and enjoying my new Guineas
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom