Automatic Hinge Swing Coop Door?

xtatix

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2020
California
Converted playhouse coop but can’t find any automatic door opener that will work with a door that swings instead of sliding. Also battery or solar preferably. Any recommendations? Thx

Attachments

• 5C2FBBAE-D706-430B-B235-54F932CCCF7D.jpeg
    5C2FBBAE-D706-430B-B235-54F932CCCF7D.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 41
I have the Pullet Shut door. Battery operated but also has a charger if you have electricity to your coop. This is the newly installed door on my current project. My first one was purchased 3 years ago and aside from oil for the hinges occasionally it has operated flawlessly even through the bitter cold Pa. winters. Works on photo sensor opens at daylight, closes at dusk. It has a second open/close at dusk for late-comers. My birds have learned that the door opens and closes a second time and they patiently wait to be let inside.
IMG_2258.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 11
I have the Pullet Shut door. Battery operated but also has a charger if you have electricity to your coop. This is the newly installed door on my current project. My first one was purchased 3 years ago and aside from oil for the hinges occasionally it has operated flawlessly even through the bitter cold Pa. winters. Works on photo sensor opens at daylight, closes at dusk. It has a second open/close at dusk for late-comers. My birds have learned that the door opens and closes a second time and they patiently wait to be let inside.
View attachment 2294582
Any updates after a year and how predator proof do you feel it is?

Back
Top Bottom