Mar 8, 2024
Midwestern US
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding dry incubation....

• I'm curious about what temperature works for you for dry incubation.
  • Also, do you put the hygrometer inside the incubator or outside on the counter to measure the ambient humidity? On this thread, people say that for dry incubation the ambient humidity should be 30%. Is that the maximum or minimum humidity? My humidity in my house is 46%. Do you think that's okay?
  • And lastly, do you know what this weird smiley face on the hygrometer means?
20240514_163650.jpg

I'll tag some people who might be able to help:
@GlicksChicks, @Huntmaster, @Traffie Chickens, @Moon Daizy, @NatJ, @Jesitxmarie, @DavisburgHENS.

Feel free to tag other peeps as well!

Thank you!!!!

Can't answer the rest of that, but it looks like you have a comfort face icon:

The Air Comfort Indicator will ONLY appear when certain conditions are met. This means there would be times when no indication is displayed on the screen.

The comfort face icon: When the temperature is between 68°F-79°F (20°C-26°C) and humidity is between 30%-60%.

The dry icon: When the humidity is below 30%.

The wet icon: When the humidity is above 60%

The temperature must be between 68°F-79°F (20°C-26°C) for the icon to appear on the display.

Hi! 1. I did 37.7 Celsius. Or 99.86 Fahrenheit, For temp. And you would put the monitor in the incubator to see if the temp is correct. The ambient humidity seems fine to me. And I have no clue what the smiley is. Haha 😆

Back
Top Bottom