Amateur homesteader

How exciting and how I envy you. If I knew 30 years ago what I know now I would have gone totally off grid.
I’ve done the closest I can by having solar panels and self sufficient in veg (and eggs too of course).
I think it’s great that you are homesteading and hope you get all the luck you deserve ❤️ (if not more 😊)
Oh and congrats on your recent marriage,
Very Big Hugz

Congratuations on your marriage! I don't incubate eggs, but I thought you weren't supposed to wash them if you were going to try to hatch them. Better check into that before you spend the time trying to incubate them.
Thank you! I really hope they aren't ruined. I might still try and candle weekly to see if there is any progress.

Welcome to BYC.
Congratulations on your recent marriage. It's hard to establish boundaries with our parents. It hard for the parents too. While you may not be able to incubate the eggs, your mom probably meant well. I'm sure she will know better next time. I love poultry, but a good relationship with your family can't be beat.
For sure! I agree with you 100%. I'm not mad at her. If anything, it was my mistake, not thinking ahead.

For sure! I agree with you 100%. I'm not mad at her. If anything, it was my mistake, not thinking ahead.
There are several threads on people incubating organic store bought eggs. They are most likely washed- although I'm not certain. Some have hatched.
@Madhouse Pullet are your chicks from store eggs?

There are several threads on people incubating organic store bought eggs. They are most likely washed- although I'm not certain. Some have hatched.
@Madhouse Pullet are your chicks from store eggs?
Yes! I bought fertile eggs from my local WinCo grocery store. I have no idea when they were layed, shipped, or how long they'd been refrigerated before I purchased them but this is the carton I bought.
20240218_061030.jpg

I put 3 cold eggs under my broody hen on Saturday, February 17, and 2 hatched on Saturday, March 9th.
20240310_084615.jpg

They're 5 weeks today.

Back
Top Bottom