A fire?! That's a new record.

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
The boys usually have no problems sitting down to watch a movie while I run outside to feed the chickens. I leave a window open to hear them, since the barn is only 30 yards from the house.

I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary, but as soon as I walked in 20 minutes ago, I see 3 ft high flames and smoke so thick I couldn't make out my 3 year old. Declan, who will be 2 soon, decided it'd be a good idea to add some fuel to the woodstove... Like his brothers JEANS. He must have scared himself, dropped the pants and ran because he was upstairs crawled into bed with DH (who works nights). I was literally gone for less than 10 minutes, I just gave the chooks some treats.

Thankfully, I stuffed the pants into the stove, the fires out, it's 56 degrees, so the windows are open and it's airing out. I don't know what goes threw my children's heads. They were really well behaved, we JUST finished baking some cookies and having fun.

Ahhh... mommy's little helpers. Let me tell ya.

barnie.gif

It's brain damage. They are all born with it.
he.gif

It gets better at around 30 years old. Thats around 360 months for the people whos kids are between 13.5 and 24 months old.

A friend told me once that her kid was 35. I thought it strange since she is only 29. I asked, and she said, "35 months" I said, "What?...oh 3 years." When does a kid begin being refered to as XXyears old?

Last edited:
I am so very glad everyone is ok!! I think I'd be inclined to carry a baby monitor around in my pocket, all the time, even when they are asleep.
lol.png
Ya know, I think all us mothers have stories very similar we could talk about. It just seems to be a part of parenting.
big_smile.png

Quote:
If only my kids still took naps! It's been a long, trying day. That's for sure. These are the same kids that wanted to go outside to play today. In the rain. On the ice in the pasture. Then got ticked because they got wet.... Like rain is dry.
rant.gif
lol.png

Quote:
That sort of irritates me. I did it with my first son until he turned two. Now with my youngest, he's 1 until he turns two. There's no month counting anymore. LOL Overzealous parents I think.

lol you cant turn your heads off boys for half second....I just opened the back door saturday to get a peice of wood off the porch and my 2 yearold grandson stuff the shovel in the fire and dumped ashes on my rug and burnt holes in it....it was not even 1 min max time.....they are amazing

I ran out to take care of the chickens one day last week and asked my 6, almost 7 yr old grandson to keep an eye on his sister ,2, I was a wreck the whole 5 min I was out. I came back they were fine told GS he did a good job and he says what? I wasn't even paying attention to her. Thank the Gods Dora was on!
And I have a wood stove too and it scares me when the kids are over sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom