5-6 week old breed help please!!

Easter eggers have a pea come not a straight single come.
Not necessarily. Easter egger isn't a breed and as such do not have a standard set of traits. Easter egger is a catchall term meaning pullets have the potential for laying blue or green eggs due to having a blue egg layer somewhere in their ancestry. Ameraucana based easter eggers usually have a pea comb, but since legbars have made the hop over the ocean legbar based easter eggers, which do have single combs, are becoming increasingly common.

That said, I don't think these are easter eggers. They look like leghorn based hybrids, maybe smokey pearl or california white?

Eta: Hoovers does sell California White, that would be my bet for these guys. TSC is notorious for chick mixups so my guess is that's where the confusion comes from

Last edited:
Oh wow. You educated me tonight. Good to know. I thought it was a given on the pea combs
Not necessarily. Easter egger isn't a breed and as such do not have a standard set of traits. Easter egger is a catchall term meaning pullets have the potential for laying blue or green eggs due to having a blue egg layer somewhere in their ancestry. Ameraucana based easter eggers usually have a pea comb, but since legbars have made the hop over the ocean legbar based easter eggers, which do have single combs, are becoming increasingly common.

That said, I don't think these are easter eggers. They look like leghorn based hybrids, maybe smokey pearl or california white?

Eta: Hoovers does sell California White, that would be my bet for these guys. TSC is notorious for chick mixups so my guess is that's where the confusion comes from

Back
Top Bottom