4 wk old Chick still fuzzy

Picture update
That does look really odd.

Other than slow feathering, I really don't know what is going on here.

what in the world can I do to help her!
There is probably nothing you can do to help, other than providing the normal good care you would for any other chick: water, chick starter, access to warm & cool areas in the brooder, enough space, protection from predators and from extreme weather, and so forth.

Edit to clarify: I think you are probably doing those things already. I'm just listing them to make it clear what I mean.

Other than feathering out very slow it seems to be doing great! Growing like the others, eating, drinking doing normal chicken stuff!
Good to hear! It's possible that the weird curliness in the feathers may go away in the next molt or two. I had a cockerel whose feather ends lifted up from its body. For several months I thought it was a partial Frizzle. But no such luck. All gone and back to normal over the next few molts.

Update on Rosita! She is doing great!!! And growing in feathers! The chicks were introduced to the coop at 8 wks! They are now 10wks and loving the out doors!

Attachments

• 20230519_133302~2.jpg
    20230519_133302~2.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230519_133305~2.jpg
    20230519_133305~2.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 10
You may have a chic with a frizzl gene. I bought 3 Ameraucuna 🐔 two of them look like a blooming onion. You should update pictures.

Back
Top Bottom