2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

I've set 44 eggs so far. 21-44 still incubating but out of 1-20 only one hatched (two or three cracked being laid from the roost, so were never incubated). ours are 3 years old now. I had the incubator set at 99.5. I had a bunch half developed :( I was just told by one of my friends that with a still air incubator I should have the temp a degree or so higher. which makes sense to me, I had chickens in there too and they all hatched two to three days late... I have raised the temp to 101. I'm hoping for better hatches from here on out
fl.gif

I've set 44 eggs so far. 21-44 still incubating but out of 1-20 only one hatched (two or three cracked being laid from the roost, so were never incubated). ours are 3 years old now. I had the incubator set at 99.5. I had a bunch half developed :( I was just told by one of my friends that with a still air incubator I should have the temp a degree or so higher. which makes sense to me, I had chickens in there too and they all hatched two to three days late... I have raised the temp to 101. I'm hoping for better hatches from here on out
fl.gif

You're in NE PA? How on earth have you gotten 44 eggs already? I'm in South Central PA and I've gotten 2.
th.gif

Anybody know what the average weight is for a pea egg?
I weighed 21 of them yesterday... Smallest was 90 grams, largest was 115 grams. Eggs were from 4 different hens. My biggest egg last year was 125 grams, smallest was 86 grams. Does that help?

-Kathy

I weighed 21 of them yesterday... Smallest was 90 grams, largest was 115 grams. Eggs were from 4 different hens. My biggest egg last year was 125 grams, smallest was 86 grams. Does that help?

-Kathy

I was just curious, I finally got a gram scale so I am weighing mine this year. The first 2 have been 107 & 108 grams. They seemed big, so 125 must have been a monster

Quote: Here are the weights of the eggs you sent me last year:

#4 hatched as a big chick and was much bigger than the others for a very long time. As for eggs in the 125 gram range, not sure I've had any of those hatch.
idunno.gif

(FYI, I have no idea who Kirk is, lol.)

-Kathy

Here are the weights of the eggs you sent me last year:

#4 hatched as a big chick and was much bigger than the others for a very long time. As for eggs in the 125 gram range, not sure I've had any of those hatch.
idunno.gif

(FYI, I have no idea who Kirk is, lol.)

-Kathy

You are so much more organized than I will ever be.

(FYI, My first boyfriend was named Kirk, probably not the same one though.
lau.gif
)

I'd blame the roo
lau.gif
mine just won't give up... maybe it was the light from it then. I'm sure yours will catch up. we have just one roo and 4 hens fyi :) do you sell any? I have a lot of people asking me for older peafowl, but I want to keep the ones I have. here's a pict of the one pea chick that hatched. about 3 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom