100% first ever hatch!!!

sniper338

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Girlfriend just called me. Im on my way home from work... been working all night... she said my chicks all hatched anf are alive in the bator... I havent got home to see yet.. exciting!!!! Now I gotta make a brooder today cuz the one I bouggt and here yet...

They were from my own quail that I got a few weeks ago to just get started...

I am thinking I may just keep them in the incubator for a while..., I put some food and water in there with a dish to try to get them started... I dont have a brooder set up yet so I dont have much of a choice.... I figured they gotta stay that warm anyways so why not just give them the warmth... There is only a few anyways, its not like I had a bator full of chicks... It was my first trial run... They have plenty of room and are running around the floor of the bator...

I dipped their beaks in the tiny try of water to show them water... I saw one go back and dip its beak in it to drink again. The food, well they havent touched the crushed up chick food yet. They may not be hungry just yet though either, I guess they will figure out the food when they get hungry enough....

I'm new to this whole newborn chick deal as its my first go... so any help is appreciated...

I mixed a little sugar in with the water that I put in the tray... I've read that a few places... see what happens.. hopefully they dont die... I have no idea if I can even see what they are yet male or female, but I'm not too worried, as long as they live I am happy haha

I don't know a whole lot about quail, but chicks are good for a few days while they figure out how to eat. We dip their beaks in water too, so it sounds like you are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom