What's the temperature where you are???

76 F. Mid 80's for a high today. T-storms.

96 (1955) 47 (1984)

IMG_8238.png
I got that same alert about 20 minutes ago. Except the time frame was different.

This has been going on for the past hour and half. Severe thunderstorm, baseball size hail fell on my place, saw a funnel cloud but couldn't tell if it was on the ground, just a few miles Northeast of my place. Could not hear any thunder, just wind....:confused: I hate when these storms come through at night! Can't see anything too well.
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/944678370
You ok down there? I will need to read ahead - but I agree night time storms are bad news.

BOM warns level G4 geomagnetic storm will impact Earth — here's what that means​

1 hour 41 mins ago​

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned a severe geomagnetic storm event is expected to impact Earth from about 8pm AEST on Friday.

Power outages may occur and satellite services could be impacted.

The BOM has urged governments and critical infrastructure operators to take action to reduce potential impacts on infrastructure and essential services, such as power grids.

Geomagnetic storms are not considered dangerous to human bodies.

Level G4 (severe) geomagnetic storm conditions are expected to arrive at Earth from about 8pm AEST on Friday before reducing to G3, with a chance of reaching level G4 again on Saturday.

The G-scale is a measure of global geomagnetic activity, which refers to fluctuations in Earth's magnetic field across the globe. The G-scale ranges from G1 (minor) to G5 (extreme).

The BOM predicts these geomagnetic conditions will likely continue until 6am on Monday AEST.

If G4 geomagnetic conditions occur, bright auroras will be visible at unusually low latitudes, including dark-sky locations near Sydney and Perth.

"To view auroras, you ideally need a dark night with little cloud cover and an unobstructed view to the south," the BOM posted on Facebook at 7pm AEST on Friday.

"Bright auroras usually last for 1-3 hours and the best viewing time is around midnight — between 10pm and 2am."

The intensity of geomagnetic storms in Australia is usually lower than the planetary average.

The BOM says this event is a result of four coronal mass ejections observed at 3:36pm AEST and 10:24 pm AEST on Wednesday, and at 8.24am AEST and 7.36pm AEST on Thursday.
Got that warning here yesterday - I am setting my alarm for about midnight tonight - should be a fantastic light show with the auroras - all assuming the weather people can get their act together and post a correct forecast!

It was supposed to be sunny here - but it’s overcast. That’s fine, as long as tonight it’s clear!

732D07E2-3719-4A6C-8D04-80D8E319503F.png

Back
Top Bottom