What can I expect from a frizzle x polish?

Jada22

Songster
Feb 24, 2022
I would love polish frizzles but no one here breeds them.
I ended up with an “accidental” frizzle roo- he is either a frizzle Pekin or Pekin x sablepoot.
If I was to start breeding him to my polish hens how long would it take to achieve a bird that looks like a polish? Has anyone here attempted this before?
Any ideas on what the frizzle rooster x polish hens chicks could look like?
how many different “pure” polands would I need to breed chicks back to?
I was thinking of breeding him to one of my polish hens and then breeding the chick back to my other polish hen
Or would I be better off breeding him to 2 hens this year and then breeding their chicks with eachother and then back to an unrelated polish? (My 2 hens are unrelated and different coloured)
I do know not to breed 2 frizzles together.
Any suggestions welcome and if anyone has done this before and has pictures of how chicks turned out I’d love to see them!

A Polish x Frizzle would definitely make a really fuzzy looking chick! I actually have no idea, I've never owned those breeds before or know much about them... but I'm sure their offspring would look so adorable! :) I'll comment also to boost the post, to help get you more informative answers on people who've dealt with those breeds and situations before :D

The chicks would have crests, split single combs, and feathered legs. A few backcrosses to Polish would make something that looks like a frizzled, clean legged, crested bird if that is your goal.

Back
Top Bottom