Toys and enrichment?

Pics
We have sandboxes and roost bars. This seems boring to me. Does anyone use parrot toys or any other fun things? They like to pick at my jewelry and buttons on my pants 😂 One even stole a nail I was holding (I got it back) so I’m thinking shiny things would be a hit. They don’t look at the mirror much anymore. They are 7 weeks old.
We had some kind of musical thing for them

I love this thread and all the ideas!! Yesterday I put a huge tree branch to roost on in their run (ignored so far) I dug a hole in the yard for a sand pit (they still prefer to fight over the small cat litter box of sand) and a pile of Timothy hay next to a cinder block with perches, they like the hay. They like catching bugs from under all the rocks in the yard, cleaning up remnants of pig snacks and grooming the pig (which he thoroughly loves)

They’re all tired and napping now. Sometimes all 6 of them squish together in the tiny sandbox 😂
IMG_3441.jpeg
IMG_3443.jpeg
IMG_3442.jpeg

This works great too especially if it is hung to swing. Their little heads bobbing for it 😂. I use cucumbers corn on the cob or stuff it with a chunk of lettuce or cabbage. It was designed for squirrels but it works great! You can easily get it a a hardware..feed store and inexpensive.
I use this same thing; got it at TS. I put all kinds of things in it and they really enjoy playing with it....and eating the healthy goodies

We have sandboxes and roost bars. This seems boring to me. Does anyone use parrot toys or any other fun things? They like to pick at my jewelry and buttons on my pants 😂 One even stole a nail I was holding (I got it back) so I’m thinking shiny things would be a hit. They don’t look at the mirror much anymore. They are 7 weeks old.
The thing mine like the most... by far... is a pot that's still filled with the soil and roots from last year's plants. I dump it out in their run and they peck away to their hearts content. I started growing vegetables in 5 gal buckets last year and the ladies loveeeee these turned over in their pens.... and they work at them all day. I also like that this adds some soil back into my run.

Mine also like weeds and small clumps of grass.

Chickens LOVE branches. Like somr people said above perches are great. Sometimes I use a shovel to chop a square in the ground and flip the clump of dirt so the grass is down and the chickens love eating all tge worms, beetles or bugs. Then after they're done I place the clump of dirt in the hole once again, it almost seems like it was never removed. Salad bars are also a great source of nutrients and inrichment for them. There a vertical and horizontal salad bars, either way they're awesome!!
:)

Back
Top Bottom