*DEBUNKED* Toxic Levels of Lead in Black Rubber Feed Bowl Water, 30 mg/L, 2000 Times EPA Limits

I checked with my mother who co-owned a construction company way back when and she said a top layer of wax might clean off, but the proper sealant is quite tough and necessary because granite is a bit porous and anything made on it would get embedded and gross.
Not to argue with you, just for the record that the typical home granite countertop should be safe, although people should test their own to make sure!
Interior Graphic Standards, second edition, published in 2010, a college text used to train architects and interior designers, you will find my name in the chapter author credits. I literally wrote the book on countertops.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Interior_Graphic_Standards.html?id=ROlG3CTGzYQC

And no, sealants are not tough. Anything that left a protective film on granite would mark up every single time the top was used. The sealer goes down into the pores, it doesn't stay on top. Even then the sealer gets removed with cleaning which is why you are supposed to frequently re seal.

I have one of these Stock Safe tubs but have only used it as a dog training prop. It might be worth enquiring if they will be restocking them for online purchase; that's how I got mine originally. Stock Safe

1714017033309.png

I have one of these Stock Safe tubs but have only used it as a dog training prop. It might be worth enquiring if they will be restocking them for online purchase; that's how I got mine originally. Stock Safe

View attachment 3810967
I just found them available pn a few sites.
• 100% Natural Virgin Rubber.
• Toxin Free.
• Food grade.
Seems like a better alternative than the cheap one I picked up at Tractor Supply.
--
hmm, seems this brand is only available in Australia.

Last edited:
• Toxin Free.
• Food grade.
Seems like a better alternative than the cheap one I picked up at Tractor Supply.
--
Some things are healthier in other countries than they are in the United States, and that can be anywhere from food itself to the things for animals. Just compare the ingredients of Fanta soda from the USA to UK's ingredients. The same brand doesn't even look the same in the two countries.

• Toxin Free.
• Food grade.
--
Drat, there must be a way to get a few over there, if you're keen?

ebay australia listing

What brand are you using?
Seems like some are more reliable than others.
I got a 100 pack of test strips from Amazon when I was setting up my well about 4 months ago. The brand was Lawnful and the kit was about $25
I don't know if they are 100% accurate, but they read 0 on my well water, and 30 mg/L on the water out of the bowl.
Anything other than 0 is a concern.
I'd encourage you to run your own tests.

I got a 100 pack of test strips from Amazon when I was setting up my well about 4 months ago. The brand was Lawnful and the kit was about $25
I don't know if they are 100% accurate, but they read 0 on my well water, and 30 mg/L on the water out of the bowl.
Anything other than 0 is a concern.
I'd encourage you to run your own tests.
You can be a lot more sure where the lead is coming from if you do two more tests:
--water from the well (collected in some container that should be lead free)
--water from the well, after it sits in the black rubber bowl (using the very same water you just tested, poured into the black rubber bowl and allowed to sit for a few hours)

That should settle all questions of whether the lead got into the water by any other means (like running across the roof, or if lead could somehow be in the air and the rainwater picked it up that way.)

Back
Top Bottom