soy free eggs UK

most poultry feed is soy based, so you're going to have a tough time with that I'm afraid. (Mine don't eat soy, but I'm too far to supply you.) But everything's available somewhere in London, so don't give up! Or perhaps keep your own, then you'll really know what they eat...?

Last edited:
I wish but we live in a flat.. do you give soy to you hens? is there any UK website dedicated to backyard chickens?

do you give soy to you hens?
No I don't, even accidentally, as I don't use commercial feed (except chick crumb when one of my girls goes broody and delivers a little clutch of cuties :jumpy)
is there any UK website dedicated to backyard chickens?
there seem to be lots of facebook groups, but I don't do fb. The accidental smallholder has a poultry section, but membership is mostly Scots, so probably not useful to you - but you have nothing to lose by asking there.
Good luck!

No I don't, even accidentally, as I don't use commercial feed (except chick crumb when one of my girls goes broody and delivers a little clutch of cuties :jumpy)

there seem to be lots of facebook groups, but I don't do fb. The accidental smallholder has a poultry section, but membership is mostly Scots, so probably not useful to you - but you have nothing to lose by asking there.
Good luck!
if I bought eggs from you would you be willing to post them? of course I would bare all the extra costs for packaging and shipping.

I would need to know exactly what goes in their feeds
but sadly I cannot satisfy this criterion for you, because my birds free range, and that means they eat what they want/find foraging around the garden. That means they eat assorted insects, seeds, and plants, and I have seen them eat amphibians (frogs), reptiles (snake), mammals (shrews) and anything else they can catch - they are descended from dinosaurs you know :gigAll this food is 'organic', insofar as I use no chemicals in the garden (but I am not registered as organic), but the fact remains I could not tell you what any one of them has eaten on any given day. I only choose their breakfast and their tea.

Surely there must be somebody supplying soy free eggs to Londoners?

haha well it doesn’t get any more organic than that! no unfortunately I haven’t found anyone yet 😔 I’m starting to consider having one on my terrace 😅

Back
Top Bottom