Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I have 10 button quail eggs in my bator and they are on day 14 today --

I have never hatched buttons so I have a few quick questions

1 - when do I stop turning?
2 - what does the humidity need to be at ? I dont want it to high and the poor things drown in there
3 - what day do they normally hatch on ? 16 or longer ?

thank you -- any other helpful hints and tips would be great !!

I am cleaning the brooder today and getting it all set up for them
jumpy.gif

16 to 18 days, I have always kept temps and humidity same as chickens, I usually stop turning at day 14ish.

They pip and hatch quick in my experience. They are VERY fast so be careful opening the bator to move them to the brooder, they run right out of the bator before you can blink.

I have read that about them -- so I was thinking since I have an LG and it has the two windows on top - think I could open one up and slip my hand in there and grab them one at a time ??

I dont expect all 10 to hatch since these eggs were shipped and my mail carrier left them on my porch in the pouring rain while I was working a fireworks stand instead of taking the package next door like we asked !! by the time we got home the box had fallen off the porch landed sideways in a huge puddle of water and was not seen until 11pm when I just happened to look outside before going to bed -- all the eggs were dry and none were cracked but it was outside from noon until 11pm !!

so I will be lucky to get any buttons from this
sad.png
and since you cant candle these darn things I have no idea if any buttons are in there
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom