Question About Hard Boiled Eggs

georgia2

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 18, 2008
I've read the post about having trouble peeling eggs. I also have that problem but I also have another one.
When I boil fresh eggs the whites come out with a really weird texture that does not hold together and kinda slimy.
i really can't describe it but my husband has the same problem. Does this happen to anyone else??

I followed someone else's recipe and earlier today, boiled our own fresh eggs for first time. I boiled large pot of water, I used a slotted spoon and carefully lowered them into the water. I boiled for 14 minutes then dunked in ice water and shortly thereafter peeled with no problem my first batch of fresh hard boiled eggs. I have to say they were great. The egg yolk and white is different texture than store bought eggs, softer and less rubbery, creamier, but not loose at all. Hope this helps, my they were good. I made some egg salad and couldn't believe how yellow it was from those bright yolks.

Quote:
Yep, read the same post and have been doing it like this ever since, works for me.

I've read the post about having trouble peeling eggs. I also have that problem but I also have another one.
When I boil fresh eggs the whites come out with a really weird texture that does not hold together and kinda slimy.
i really can't describe it but my husband has the same problem. Does this happen to anyone else??
Yes! Ive tried many different methods and they are still slimy

Back
Top Bottom