One of my three little ducklings randomly falling over

Any other symptoms like drainage from nares. Are eyes clear? eating and drinking good? hanging with the others not laying around sleeping? If at all possible a video with the sound you're hearing? Tell us again their ages.

No, that's really the only symptom. Moonshine loves to play in the pool when we set it up outside, and does everything else the other two do. Sounds like a weezing, I'll have to see if I can get a good clip of it. Before this I had noticed sometimes it was like she was panting/breathing heavy at times.

Sometime large breeds like Pekin will pant and look over heated. The wheezing sounds worrisome but it maybe nothing too.Raspy makes me think drake. What are your outside temps?

They've been inside as I get their place finished up outside and the temps inside have been in the 70's. We've been wondering if Moonshine is a drake, if I start talking and petting one of the other ducks Moonshine will come up sometimes and push my hand away with the bill. At this point I believe they're somewhere about 6 weeks old.

EDIT: Just noticed all of three of them sound like this when breathing. Almost sounds like a valve opening and closing on their bills.

Last edited:
View attachment 3806332View attachment 3806333Is it possible to identify the breed of ducks I have at about 4 weeks. I thought they were runners but Google lens is talking about a Blue Swedish and a Rouen. Two of them seem to of developed their quack. 😍

Whiskey seems to be doing much better as she is much more stable on her feet. She does still stumble and lose her balance from time to time. I've been taking them outside to play in the grass and I fill a little tote with water and they jump in it just having a blast. They don't care for when I have to get them and dry them off.
There are blue runners too so that's a possibility for one of them as it goes look thinner in the photo than a typical blue swedish.

Edit: I just saw another photo here and it doesn't look more like a blue swedish than a blue runner.

Back
Top Bottom