one more question about lighting

renae

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 21, 2007
to give a hen the required 14 hours of light most people turn the light on in the morning but since that is impossible for me to do with my work schedule it gets dar around 8 here if i installed a light and turned it on about 7 and left it on untill 9:30 would that work just as well sunrise here is at about 7 give or take a few minutes so if the light stayed on untill 9:30 it would give them the 14 hours i guess im a backwards person but with my schedule it is really the only way i can work it but i was wondering if it would work that way just as well. and as for what light to use would a florescent light work if i installed it in the coop

i am a little challenged when it comes to hooking up suck things are the timers expensive and easy to hook up

I have my light on an extention cord and plug the timer into the outlet. They come in all price ranges. I have many different timers and found that they all work just as well. I have spent anywhere from 6 to 12 dollars on a timer. They are very easy to use... and do come with instructions so you shouldn't have any trouble.
smile.png

You can get a timer pretty cheap at the Wal Mart. Look in the lamp isle. I also use flouresent (sp) lighting in my coop. Its cheaper to use....and they seem to like the briteness of it. Just hang it high enough, so they can not get on top, and maybe knock it down....live and learn. It happened to me...luckily the bulbs didnt break!

thanx i was thinking florescent also you can get a nice big light for less and it gives off more light in different areas because of the size of the light.thanx for the info

Back
Top Bottom