New to showing chickens

Acfishingfool

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2020
Hi I'm very new to showing chickens and don't know nearly enough. I have a rir x black australorp cross. I was wondering if you can show cross bred chickens or of they have to be pure bred.
20200628_105059.jpg
20200628_105014.jpg

Are you showing at a fair or at an ABA/APA sanctioned show? As far as I’m aware you can show crosses at fairs, but at the bigger APA/ABA you can’t because those shows judge the birds off of the standard of perfection, and there is no set standard for a hybrid bird. Some shows do have *funky chicken * categories that you can enter hybrids or barnyard mixes in for fun though. :)

Are you showing at a fair or at an ABA/APA sanctioned show? As far as I’m aware you can show crosses at fairs, but at the bigger APA/ABA you can’t because those shows judge the birds off of the standard of perfection, and there is no set standard for a hybrid bird. Some shows do have *funky chicken * categories that you can enter hybrids or barnyard mixes in for fun though. :)

Thanks I am showing at a county fair but was little worried they would turn my cross away.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom