New member from Missouri

jopatrich

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
I am a new member to this forum and the chicken world. I am joining so that I may learn more.

I am a 25 year old wife and mother of three boys. In the month of June I started out with 11 Barred Plymoth Rock and 29 Cornish chickens. Due to raccoons we are now down to 5 cornish and 1 barred plymoth rock. I am happy to say that after many renovations we have their home safe.

I do not know much about chickens, but I have enjoyed them so much over the past several months. I just found our first two eggs this morning.
smile.png

Now, I just need to find out if they are fertalized or not. Any suggestions for a first timer?

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Joanna

AHA! The very link I was searching for!

Thank you Lothiriel, I was wandering around trying to find it.
clap.gif

Quote:
You're welcome!
big_smile.png
I found it by going to Search an typing in the search box, "how to tell if an egg is fertilized" and I found "The Official Egg Thread" by Colored Egg Farmer. It's got lots of other links for other egg topics.
big_smile.png

LOL, I just searched "fertilized egg".

Anyway, jopatrich, now you are seeing how it's done. Just wait until you spend more time in the forum, it can be educational and hilarious!

wee.gif

My one and only rooster is almost seven months old. I found the fertilized egg thread, read it, and cracked open the only two eggs I had. I was unable to see a white spot on one egg. The other egg had a white spot but no bulls eye. Better luck next time I guess!

Back
Top Bottom