Hello!!!!! :frow I'm so glad you joined BYC!
One thing I wish I knew before getting my last batch of chicks was that that breed was sex-linked........oh well.
Sex-linked chickens are a mix of a barred rock hen and a single colored rooster I'm pretty positive. The hen passes down her barred gene to the roos, making them look different from the females. If those are barred rocks in your pics, you might possibly have some roos! Many roosters are super sweet despite the rumors of them being mean (sometimes you might get a mean rooster here and there.) View attachment 3814379View attachment 3814382

http://www.hobbymommycreations.ca/2016/05/sexing-barred-plymouth-rock-chicks.html
So far I can't see any of those things on them at all, you are talking about that little spiral bracelet looking thing on 1 of the feet in ur pics right? If so mine don't have those atleast I can't see them, I just brought them home about 2 hours ago and they are still in a cardboard box ATM while the hubby finishes up the official box for them to use until they get a bit bigger. Once they are in that box I will be able to see them alot better I'm trying not to spook them to much since they are probably scared with everything being so new but when I move them over I will look closer a d try and get a clear pic to send you. If I can get a clearer pic would that be ok to send it over to you to check out for me because I would love to no what they are, as they are all suppose to be hens not any roosters, we wanted to wait a bit on the rooster and let then hens settle 1st.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Such cute chicks!

We have two dogs that just naturally protected the chickens. We were lucky as I hear horror stories of dogs going after their chickens. A bird dog would be one of the worst to train not to go after a bird.

Ours are a border collie and corgi. Here's a thread about training dogs not to go after chickens and an article.

Back
Top Bottom