LOOKING FOR INFO ON A CHEAP (INEXPENSIVE) PLUCKER

Alexxxdimmm

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2023
Im in CA, Im trying to find a plucker that works but is inexpensive. does anyone have any suggestions? I was hoping to find a way to get this done with $100 or less, but I havent found anything within that price range. does anyone have any suggestions? If there is a manual crank one, I would be fine with that, I just dont want to keep having to pluck manually.

No, you probably won't find a one for a hundred dollars unless it's broken.

You could get a plucker attachment that attaches to your drill. But be warned you'll have to build it a shower curtain enclosure and work on your technique. What's better than wet, steaming, stinking, gunky chicken feathers? Wet, steaming, stinking, gunky chicken feathers flying into your face and mouth and I'm not even going to talk about where else. Even a post-plucking shower doesn't fix that - I was smelling chicken innards for a week just for using scalding water - it got all up in my nose and hair. I don't even want to consider using that drill attachment. But many folks use it and find it works for them. For $100, that's your option.

Personally, I either pluck by hand or I skin them. Hand plucking really doesn't take that long, but it's easier to skip the whole process and skin them.

You could get a plucker attachment that attaches to your drill. But be warned you'll have to build it a shower curtain enclosure and work on your technique.
You could get this drill plucker attachment and add it to something you build - like maybe, get an old, non-working washer or drier off freebie craigslist to get just the internal drum. Build a wood frame over it to attach an old drill you don't care about and an attachment for a water hose lower down so it only hits the chicken and not the actual drill motor or any electrical parts.
I bet someone on this site has built something like this!

Back
Top Bottom