Looking for a chicken rescue/ individual in MI

meghanjohanna

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 7, 2013
Here is the situation...
I am looking for a chicken rescue or an individual that would like an indoor (or heated garage/barn) pet chicken. I have a 2 year old blue splash Easter egger that is severely scissor beaked. She has adapted to her condition with a few adjustments in her environment. She would do best as a companion chicken- she currently resides with my 11+ year old arthritic old lady’s- she can’t peck anyone. She really can’t be out in the cold Michigan winters because she can’t shut her mouth and is rather thin(and I’m worried her tongue will freeze). Occasionally I syringe feed her but most of the time she is on crumbles and does her own thing.
My husband and I just had a baby and it’s become too much to care for her, a baby, the rest of the flock and the other animals on the farm.
I’ve never rehomed a chicken and this breaks my heart. My husband admitted he thought about putting her down. Taking care of a special needs chicken is too much with a new baby. I just want to give her a chance. She is still laying pale green eggs ( I wish she’d stop for her sake) and still seems happy, running around the yard with the rest of the flock.
I’m located in mid/ lower Michigan.
Please don’t judge- I hate to even post this but she deserves more and needs more attention than we can currently give her.

Here is the situation...
I am looking for a chicken rescue or an individual that would like an indoor (or heated garage/barn) pet chicken. I have a 2 year old blue splash Easter egger that is severely scissor beaked. She has adapted to her condition with a few adjustments in her environment. She would do best as a companion chicken- she currently resides with my 11+ year old arthritic old lady’s- she can’t peck anyone. She really can’t be out in the cold Michigan winters because she can’t shut her mouth and is rather thin(and I’m worried her tongue will freeze). Occasionally I syringe feed her but most of the time she is on crumbles and does her own thing.
My husband and I just had a baby and it’s become too much to care for her, a baby, the rest of the flock and the other animals on the farm.
I’ve never rehomed a chicken and this breaks my heart. My husband admitted he thought about putting her down. Taking care of a special needs chicken is too much with a new baby. I just want to give her a chance. She is still laying pale green eggs ( I wish she’d stop for her sake) and still seems happy, running around the yard with the rest of the flock.
I’m located in mid/ lower Michigan.
Please don’t judge- I hate to even post this but she deserves more and needs more attention than we can currently give her.
Try the FB group Crossbeaks and special poultry. Contact the admin and see if anyone can help you

Back
Top Bottom